Sunday 21 November 2010

Safe Day

Have you been having nightmares again?
Have you been trying to murder your friends?
Lynda has been knocking at your door.
She's been hearing a thumping against the wall.

I don't think I really mind
When you run away.
Just stay in touch with me
And have a safe day.
I never never understand you.
I never ever listen to you.
But I'll have a safe day too.

In the spring, you know the trees
They can grow back all their leaves.
And I can't really see
Why you turned on your belief.
I take my time, I never rush my food.
I take my time, I know I'll be with you soon.

I don't think you really mind
When I run away.
Just stay in touch with me and
Have a safe day.

Well
I've been in my room turning to powder
And you've been growing wilder by the hour.
I can't get to sleep.
I can't eat my tea.
I can't clean my teeth.
I can't hardly see.

I've been walking down by the bay
And you've been having too many Red Wednesdays.
Red Wednesdays.
Red Wednesdays.

Well
China shops
And mountain climbs
And car parks you can never find.
Pop-up books and fatal shots
And tidal waves that never stop.
Chainsaws and millionaires.
The big fish coming up for air.
I broke my wings for swans and lakes.
I think I fell in love today.
Well have a safe day.
Have a safe day.

Outfit : The Amazing Cattle.
Words : Dominic F. 08/1985.
Music : Ayling.

No comments:

Post a Comment