Sunday 4 April 2010

Artificial Flowers

All this time
You haven't changed your mind
I was looking for clouds
Now what did I find?

These crucial conversations
Mean everything to me

I started laughing
Was it always this way?
I started slipping
And now you're flying away

So I packed my toothbrush
Hid all my letters
And I set off on this passionate journey

Were you listening?
This was the shortest day
I started slipping
And now you're climbing away

You know it's hard to fight with The Devil on your back
It's hard to fight with The Devil on your back

You painted me
All sorts of colours
Then stripped them away
With these artificial flowers

I was never that strong

And all you left me
For crying out loud
Was a place to kneel
And some artificial flowers

I was never that strong

Outfit : Terror Fish
Words: Dominic F. 13/07/1981

Music : Wallis / Vaughan / Daffern

No comments:

Post a Comment