Sunday 4 April 2010

Painted Promise

You shed your skin for no one
And you're blind as you speak
You're staring at the world
While I'm watching my feet
I gave you the controls
Now you're stabbing my back
I can't change the world
So don't look at me like that

And I can find
Behind your eyes
A promise I can hide behind

I can fade away

If I fight myself
I can only win
You cut off my hands
I didn't feel a thing
When you look straight through me
I can't act naturally
So don't look for shame in me
Look for some kind of belief

And if I pray
You'll go away
All those promises you paint
Will just

Fade
Fade away

I was in the softest mood
I was dreaming of you
What's another change?
Another promise to lose?

So if these walls
Just crack and fall
We can walk into the flames
And I'll

Breathe
Breathe in your air again
Breathe
Breathe in your air again

Outfit : Away From Skaro
Words : Dominic F. October 1983

Music : Bullivant

No comments:

Post a Comment